J.J. Jones Electric, a full service and technology contractor, recently completed electric and low voltage work at the new Art Van Furniture Store in Downers Grove. The 120,000 SF retail building included a combination of electrical and structured cabling system upgrades.
J.J. Jones provided the entire 2-story tenant build-out from demolition to final finished phases, including:
- Electrical Distribution Upgrades and final testing of existing 180KW EM Generator System.
- Upgrade all power systems, closely working with Owner’s vendors during final display and equipment connections.
- Design and install power at two performance stages used during special events.
- Provide specialty Cafe power wiring to appliances and serving equipment.
- Rework of HVAC Systems installed to accommodate additional glass facades and skylights.
- Installation of +/-4000 lineal feet of pendant supported track lighting raceway, 3500 LED track fixtures, and custom designed light fixture groupings, located throughout various retail departments.
- Design, and install Lutron Lighting control system to comply with the 2012 IECC, Village of Downers Grove Building Code, and specific tenant requirements.
In addition, J.J. Jones implemented a new, 2-story design, build voice and data infrastructure installation, including:
- Horizontal Cable Distribution fed from dual telecommunication closets, and two field cabinets located at retail sales floor areas served by 50Micron Multimode Fiber and 25Pair Copper Backbone cabling.
- 10/100 Mbps Networking Hardware to support switched Ethernet to all workstations.
- CAT 6 copper cabling to 20 Wireless Access Points located throughout the structure.
- Category 6 copper cabling to 382 Device Locations located throughout the space.
- Layout and installation of Industry Standard cable supports, conducive with open ceiling environments.