PowerForward DuPage member Titan Electric completed Naperville’s newest grocery destination, Standard Market, a 40,000 square foot facility located near the intersection of Aurora and Ogden Avenue on the former Frank’s Nursery site. Designed to evoke European-style open-air markets, the interior of the sales floor is arranged in pods, rather than traditional aisles.
As a chef-driven celebration of food for customers, Standard Market offers local artisan products such as freshly baked bread and 20 different craft beers. The beer selection is displayed in a light-filled corner of the store that also is home to a refrigerated case holding about 300 different cheeses and shelves of different wines.
Other features include a gelato/sorbet counter, popcorn station, two separate sit-down dining areas, climate-controlled “cave” space for aging cheeses, wine and cheese bar and a full-size coffee shop. Other areas in the store include a bakery, pasta station, juicing counter, dry aging meat locker, sandwich bar, full deli and a sushi bar.
Titan Electric’s involvement included the installation of:
- 2,000 amp 480/277 volt building electrical service
- 60 KW 480 volt generator with two 100amp transfer switches for the building emergency service
- 15 KVA UPS system with by-pass switch for data system backup
- LED lighting throughout with dimming low voltage 0-10 volt programmable system
- Total refrigeration control work
- Fire alarm system with interconnections to all kitchen and HVAC equipment
General contracting services were provided by Novak Construction and architectural services were provided by Iowa-based WD Partners, Inc.